About Ganga River Basin Management Plan
A Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) was signed by the Ministry of Environment & Forests
(MoEF) with a consortium of seven IITs for the development of Ganga River Basin
Management Plan (GRBMP). For successful implementation of GRBMP a framework to integrate
geospatial and temporal information associated with GRBMP is required.
About the present site
This site has been created to share GeoSpatial datasets pertaining to the Water
Resources Management group.
- River must continuously flow (Aviral Dhaara).
- River must have longitudinal and lateral connectivity.
- River must not be seen as a carrier of waste loads (Nirmal Dhaara).
- River must have adequate space for its various functions.
- River must function as an ecological entity.